This year we’re taking October Oddness on the road and into the Indianapolis community.
As a quick overview, back in 2006 Jeff Stanger & Brian Groce recorded a Halloween themed podcast episode for Trolley Dodgers and in the years since then we’ve recorded Halloween themed podcast episodes for Utter Oddcast and Blue Shotgun Radio. In order to pull that all together in one place, October Oddness was created in 2009.
Now, to 2010…
Host an October Oddness 2010 Live Event
We’re seeking restaurants, businesses, festivals, events, haunted houses, etc., located in and around Indy to host October Oddness events throughout the month of October.
In short, at October Oddness events we will involve podcasting, recording video, taking photos, giving away prizes and playing it by ear on an event-by-event basis. In the past we’ve held a “Guess that Slyder” taste test & have judged Halloween costumes.
What we’re specifically looking for is either to be part of what you already have going on in October or to have a place set aside to hold a Tweetup to mingle with guests for a few hours.
Here are the October Oddness event dates for 2010.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
- Applefest on Monument Circle: 11am-3pm
Friday, October 8, 2010
- Pinheads Entertainment Center (Fishers): Bowling & costume party
Sunday, October 10, 2010
- Indy ScreamPark (Anderson): Doors open at 7pm
Monday, October 11, 2010
- Houlihan’s (6020 East 82nd Street, Suite LL02)
Thursday, October 21, 2010
- Conner Prairie for The Headless Horseman
Saturday, October 23, 2010
- “Tim Burton” Themed Halloween Party!
Note: This is a private party. You must be a member of Brian’s Fan Club to attend as his guest.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- Scotty’s Brewhouse (1 Virginia Avenue)
Friday, October 29, 2010
- The Tie Dye Grill (1311 N. Shadeland Ave): 6-8pm
Contests & Giveaways
We’d like to thank the following companies for providing contest prizes and/or giveaway items for October Oddness 2010 attendees.
We will need the following things.
- The venue/meeting space.
- Accessible electricity.
- A table & chairs for us & our equipment.
- If tickets are necessary, we will need to be provided tickets for our mobile crew.
The following items are not required, but would be greatly appreciated.
- Free WiFi.
- Giveaway items.
- Munchies/Halloween Candy.
If you are interested in hosting an October Oddness event, please contact Naptown Buzz to ask any questions and to make arrangements.
Do you want to sponsor the October Oddness 2010 Live events?
The following opportunities are available:
- Contest or door prizes – provide items to give away at the October Oddness 2010 Live events and/or website.
- Event sponsorship – sponsor the October Oddness 2010 Live tour & have your company logo printed on the back of the October Oddness Halloween T-Shirts which will be sold and given away at the events.
- Website sponsorship – sponsor the website. 125×125 & 300×200 (or 300 x 250) banner ads are available.